Thursday, June 14, 2012

Before photos of new home
















Here are some "before" photos of the home we purchased.  It looks a lot different now.  We will post after photos to show the transformation at a later date.

Just to update everyone on the other stuff going on...Jackson started summer school.  Last year we did 1 class subject per week.  This year we decided to do 1 class subject per month.  It seems a bit more consistent overall.  This month the subject is "music", which he is enjoying a lot.  They make some pretty cool instruments, and he comes home with paint head to toe every day.  The teacher really lets him get into his art!  Of course, my lady killer still has the same girlfriend, Natalie.  They are stuck together at the hip.  She wasn't in music originally, but they moved her in to be with Jackson.

Speaking of head to toe - Bill has poison ivy all over.  Poor guy is pretty allergic.  Oh, and it is pretty nasty looking.  I could go into detail, but will spare you.

We have trained our 2 older cats to use a "cat door", and they officially go potty in the garage litter box.  This is pleasing to me, I didn't think our orange cat would ever 'get it'.  He is fairly plump in the middle, so I am also glad he can fit through the door.  No more litter box in the house!  Woohoo!

We have plans to go to the Curran beach trip next month.  Jack is pumped that we will have his birthday party while there.  He wants a "Thomas" cake, so hopefully we can get one ordered.  I can't believe our baby will be 4.  Whatever you do, don't call him a baby...you will get "me not a baby mamma".

We still plan on beginning fostering in a few months.  Due to the move, we wanted to make sure the home study was only done one time.  We are looking forward to opening our home to another child (or two).  I will leave you with a conversation we had yesterday:

Jackson - "Mommy, me need a sister"
Me - "You do?"
Jackson - "Probably Natalie, my girlfriend".
Me - "Probably not Natalie".
Jackson - "Oh, okay".

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the after photos!!

    Also, I wanted to let you know we deleted stuff on Facebook and our blog related to fostering - our DSS dept has asked that nothing be posted for ANY child so to be safe, I'll probably just do private messaging - if you have any questions email me anytime through Facebook or at beaglefarm1 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Best wished for you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete