Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Back to work


Since Monday, I have been fantasizing over the possibility of winning the lottery because I had to go back to work. When I started with this company back in March, I made an agreement with them that I would take a total of 8 weeks off. Honestly, 8 weeks just didn’t seem that long to me. We were in Russia for a month, then home for a month. It seemed much, much shorter. With that said, I am thankful that I have a job in our current economy after being laid off earlier this year. I am also thankful that Bill is still able to stay home with Jack and is not expected back at work until January.

Bill is doing a great job at home with Jack. Every day they are working on something new and I know that he is getting the care he deserves. I feed him breakfast, lunch and dinner (I come home at lunch) – as well as bathe him at night and put him to bed. Bill does the rest. We are trying to share duties as much as possible because Jack tends to only be interested in whichever one of us he is with the most. When I get home in the evening, Bill prompts him and he is always standing there with a big smile and a squeal for me. He truly warms my heart.

Jack wanted to give a shout out to Grandpa Tony. Happy Birthday Grandpa Tony! I am ready to meet you and love you already!

Check out the picture of Jack in his new car. He loves to be pushed around in this box and drive using Bill's Nintendo Wii steering wheel!

5 comments:

  1. Too cute! Glad that you have a job to go back to, but sad for you that you are not with Jack during the day. Glad that Bill is still able to stay home for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new car! Glad things are going well! Miss you guys lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey look a "Jack in the Box"! God I crack myself up! Bill glad to hear you finally got her out of the house. Now we can hook up on the Wii and play all day! LOL. Have fun...lets talk on the phone/Skype soon!

    Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Michelle.... he's just so gorgeous! I am sure you can't see the changes because you see him EVERY day but man! I can! Go back and look -- he's changing so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that going back to work and being away from Jack had to be difficult. I don't look forward to having to face that either. When we get our little one home, I won't have as much time off as I'd like, so we will take turns like y'all. Your family is precious. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete