Sunday, May 31, 2009

A flat tire and a heart pizza

As of Thursday, there has been absolutely no movement for us on the adoption front. Admittedly, I am a little impatient, but we both continue to find strength from success stories, friends and family.

Bill and I are in different towns this weekend because of work, so I am missing him and our pets too. Going into the weekend, I was adament not to let anything get me down. I decided I would go out and look at Real Estate early Saturday morning (this is one of my favorite things to do). I was pumped up! I took a shower and programed in 10 addresses into the GPS, off I went. As I was driving, I kept hearing a noise that sounded like an oil rig digging. I pulled over into a parking lot and the noise stopped, but then as I started driving again - the oil righ started digging again. Oh no! A flat tire!!! Luckily we have AAA and for $12 they can come out and plug the tire on the spot. An older man finally arrived that had a beard longer than Santa. He kept staring at the tire and stroking his beard. Finally he said, sorry - I can't plug it because of the location of the puncture, you need to take it in to get it patched from the inside. He put my skinny little donut on, pausing on occassion to stroke his beard. It was free of charge, and he even tried to give me a candy bar! Okay, so I decided to go back to my room to find a tire store online locally and get it patched. I swear I called 20 places and nobody could get me in...even if I was a walk in! I called Bill and we decided that I would just get it fixed on Monday or Tuesday - fun, fun!!

So instead of going back out to look at Real Estate I thought I would just stay in and take a much deserved nap. When I woke up, I called Bill and was talking on the speaker phone to our dogs (yeah, we are 'that couple'), when Bill said "oh, I have a picture to send you!". When we got off the phone he sent me a picture of the lunch he had made. He made a homeade pepperoni pizza and designed the layout of the pepperoni into a heart shape for me.....ahhhhhhhhhh. Sweet hubby! Makes the flat tire look like a chump :)

No comments:

Post a Comment