Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Pretzel Dog Incident!

I am in Miami this week with work, and I have been craving a Pretzel Dog since the 'learning incident' from last week. As a reminder, I went into the mall to get a Pretzel Dog and ran out to my car to eat it. I wasn't hanging on the the dog (just the dough part), and the dog fell out of the dough, and 'disappeared'. I assume its under my seat - but I still can't find it.

Anyway, today I saw an Einstein Bagel and remembered they had Pretzel Dogs. I was so excited! I went in, washed my hands and ordered the dog. The Cashier said they were out of Pretzel Dogs as far as she knew - but she would check. It was a blow I just simply couldn't handle. Finally, she came back with an excellent looking Pretzel Dog and said "this is the last regular one we have, want it?" Did I want it? Heck yeah I wanted it. I considered tackling her and taking it out of her hand right then and there (yeah, that's a joke - but I did really want it). I went to my seat and waited for my name to be called.

Okay, so my name was called. "Michelle, please come to the counter". WooHoo! I was on my way to Pretzel Dog Heaven. When I got to the counter, the guy said "I am really sorry, but I accidentally dropped your pretzel dog in the trash. I considered pulling it out and giving it to you anyway - do you still want it?" WHAT??? I told him that he ruined my entire day/week/month. Of course, no - I didn't want it so bad that I would eat it out of the trash can. Geez!!! He suggested I have a bag of chips (although he heard they were stale) instead. No thanks - I will pass on the stale chips and the trashed dog.

As I was walking out with my head down, the guy behind the counter yelled - "WAIT!". I went back and he said that he did have 1 Pretzel Dog, but it was an Asiago Cheese Pretzel Dog. He said I could have it instead.

Finally, I sat down with the last Asiago Cheese Pretzel Dog, a bag of (confirmed) stale chips, and a Coke. To be honest, it wasn't even that great - but I was happy :)

1 comment:

  1. You are hysterical!!! Thanks for a great laugh today!

    ReplyDelete